Echo Test

Bob (KI7RMO)

Quick question – if still active, how do I do the echo test on the Cougar Mtn Repeater?

Thank, Bob KI7RMO

Echo test can be done with DTMF 123 un-key and wait for the repeater to say ready, key up and speak then un-key the repeater will play back audio. If you want to use IRLP or EchoLink test that is a little different procedure.

Ken W7ECK

From: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io [mailto:snovarc@snovarc.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bob Otis
Sent: Friday, October 08, 2021 7:32 PM
To: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io
Subject: [SnoVARC] Echo Test

Quick question – if still active, how do I do the echo test on the Cougar Mtn Repeater?

Thank, Bob KI7RMO

Bruce Gary

Appropos of nothing.... as a best practice, I usually identify before and after doing an echo test

-- "K7BGG, testing"

-- DTMF codes, etc, then

-- "K7BGG, clear"

Not sure if strictly required, but seems like good etiquette.

$.02

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [SnoVARC] Echo Test
Date: Sat, October 09, 2021 8:05 am
To: <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io>

Echo test can be done with DTMF 123 un-key and wait for the repeater to say ready, key up and speak then un-key the repeater will play back audio. If you want to use IRLP or EchoLink test that is a little different procedure.

Ken W7ECK

From: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io [mailto:snovarc@snovarc.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bob Otis

Thank, Bob KI7RMO

Bob (KI7RMO)

Thanks to all – I’ll give it a try.

From: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bruce Gary
Sent: Saturday, October 9, 2021 10:30 AM

Appropos of nothing.... as a best practice, I usually identify before and after doing an echo test

-- "K7BGG, testing"

-- DTMF codes, etc, then

-- "K7BGG, clear"

Not sure if strictly required, but seems like good etiquette.

$.02

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Sat, October 09, 2021 8:05 am
To: <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io>

Ken W7ECK

Thank, Bob KI7RMO