Topics

Elmer idea

Robin Amundson

On Tuesday evening K1IR from Massachusetts gave a shocking, well-researched, and very riveting presentation on amateur tower climbing accidents and what can be learned from them, how to prevent, etc. He was one of the best Zoom presenters hands-down, with a fantastic slide show. He is on a mission to educate and prevent tower climbing accidents among radio amateurs. If interested, I will reach out to him to see if he will present. The DX club had 29 participants, quite a few more than we have been having. I would hope we could get at least 15-20. He presented at 10 p.m. his time in MA, so he is very gracious in giving his time.

Lou Giliberto (KD7HCW)

I would be interested. Thanks Robin!

Sent from ProtonMail mobile

On Tuesday evening K1IR from Massachusetts gave a shocking, well-researched, and very riveting presentation on amateur tower climbing accidents and what can be learned from them, how to prevent, etc. He was one of the best Zoom presenters hands-down, with a fantastic slide show. He is on a mission to educate and prevent tower climbing accidents among radio amateurs. If interested, I will reach out to him to see if he will present. The DX club had 29 participants, quite a few more than we have been having. I would hope we could get at least 15-20. He presented at 10 p.m. his time in MA, so he is very gracious in giving his time.

I think this is a great idea. Towers can be killers if the untrained attempt to climb them.

On Thu, Aug 13, 2020 at 9:22 AM Robin Amundson <wa7cpa@...> wrote:
On Tuesday evening K1IR from Massachusetts gave a shocking, well-researched, and very riveting presentation on amateur tower climbing accidents and what can be learned from them, how to prevent, etc. He was one of the best Zoom presenters hands-down, with a fantastic slide show. He is on a mission to educate and prevent tower climbing accidents among radio amateurs. If interested, I will reach out to him to see if he will present. The DX club had 29 participants, quite a few more than we have been having. I would hope we could get at least 15-20. He presented at 10 p.m. his time in MA, so he is very gracious in giving his time.

I have no plans on climbing a tower anytime soon, but I would be interested in his presentation. Sounds scary and fascinating...

On Aug 13, 2020, at 9:21 AM, Robin Amundson <wa7cpa@...> wrote:

On Tuesday evening K1IR from Massachusetts gave a shocking, well-researched, and very riveting presentation on amateur tower climbing accidents and what can be learned from them, how to prevent, etc. He was one of the best Zoom presenters hands-down, with a fantastic slide show. He is on a mission to educate and prevent tower climbing accidents among radio amateurs. If interested, I will reach out to him to see if he will present. The DX club had 29 participants, quite a few more than we have been having. I would hope we could get at least 15-20. He presented at 10 p.m. his time in MA, so he is very gracious in giving his time.

Howard Mahran
(425) 864-5104