Topics

Elmer ideas

Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM

Now that field day is past, I thought it might be interesting to list ideas for Elmer classes. Here are several ideas that Kirt (K7KDW) and I discussed today:

1) psk31 set up, volume calibration, etiquette and macros.

2) Rig grounding in your shack Including how to if an outside 8ft grounding rod is not available

3) Tracking down and eliminating rouge RF noise in your shack/house

4)  Winlink set up including peer to peer for EmComm purposes

What are other topics you’d be interested in?

@lostrouter

I'd be interested in learning about bpq.  I'm starting to play around with TARPN, TNCs and raspberry pi.

--Michael KJ7NVA

Robin Amundson

Even though PSK31 is pretty much a dying mode using unsupported FLDGI software, I want to get into it. So, I would love it if Paul, W7PFB, would present a how to get it set up and operating etiquette.

I’d be happy to cover psk31.  If we’re doing it via Zoom it would be pretty easy to do live demo from my home station.

It might be nice to throw in some other digital modes as well, if only so that when people hear/see them they know what they are.  Olivia and it’s stepchild Contestia are common enough that you’ll encounter them.  MFSK is another you’re likely to encounter.  I still see Feld-Hell on occasion and Throb and Thor are not extinct.