Topics

February 18 SNOVARC mini drill

Tom WA7TBP

Hello everyone:

This Thursday's mini drill is going to simulate a sudden start up informational check in net. We will use our recent storms as a basis to obtain information about damage to our local infrastructure. There will be no forms involved. The net control station will provide you with a list of questions to ask. You will be responsible for making your own report form. Be prepared to be "thrown under the bus" to simulate different problems. All stations that check into the net should record the information being gathered. Net control may ask stations to relay the information they received from one station to another. All our exercise will be conducted on the SNOVARC UHF repeater on Cougar Mountain, 441.825 MHz, plus 5 Mhz, tone 103.5 Hz. I am not planning on simulate radio problems. We are concentrating on gathering data.

If you have any questions, you can e-mail me at: tomwa7tbp@..., or call me at home 425-333-4833.

See you after the SNOVARC net, sometime around 8:15 PM.

73,

Tom