Topics

Fw: Our remote VE session are starting . . . we could use some help.

Irvina Mizell

From: Ronald Poole <snwbird1111@...>
Sent: Monday, June 15, 2020 9:04 AM
Subject: Fwd: Our remote VE session are starting . . . we could use some help.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Dave Wickert <dwickert@...>
Date: Sun, Jun 14, 2020 at 11:18 PM
To: Ronald Poole KF7YHQ <snwbird1111@...>

(Hi Ron. Can you please forward to club members? Thanks.)

Hello all!

Our remote VE team’s first step is behind us and it was a huge success. We have a team of over 20 VEs accredited with GLAARG and we are starting our second set of exam sessions. We could use some more VEs! The larger the team we train, the more candidates we can license . . . As you would expect, there is a huge demand right now for testing. We have not had in-person testing for many months. And this pandemic has certainly raised everyone’s awareness for emergency preparedness.

Would you like to help? Do you have extra time to help someone get licensed?

It is easy – the first step is to get accredited as a VE. You do not need to be an ARRL-VEC accredited VE to participate. We use the Greater LA Amateur Radio Group as our VEC with remote exam sessions. Their requirement is a statement that you are aware of the Part 97 regulations for VE testing and will comply. As a VE you can be licensed as either a General- or Extra-class. On the hardware side, all you need is a computer with a webcam that can run Zoom and a stable Internet connection. Everything is done remotely across the Internet.

Sound interesting? Just drop me an email and I will get you looped in!

Thanks.

73.

_-_-_ Dave AE7TD

dwickert@...