Ham License Fee Increase

Rowland

It has been announced in the Federal Register that the $35 fee for
Amateur Radio Service licenses will be implemented on April 19, 2021.

Here is a tinurl address for the Federal Register article:
https://tinyurl.com/yfc7g2u2

This means those interested in getting their first FCC Amateur Radio
Service license, an upgrade or vanity call sign need to act within the
next 30 days to avoid the new fee.

https://www.kb6nu.com/license-fee-date-still-not-set/

So it looks like probably this summer, not April.

On Mar 19, 2021, at 7:15 PM, Rowland <rowland.brasch@...> wrote:

It has been announced in the Federal Register that the $35 fee for
Amateur Radio Service licenses will be implemented on April 19, 2021.

Here is a tinurl address for the Federal Register article:
https://tinyurl.com/yfc7g2u2

This means those interested in getting their first FCC Amateur Radio
Service license, an upgrade or vanity call sign need to act within the
next 30 days to avoid the new fee.

Robin WA7CPA

I propose we add to the April agenda a discussion of sponsoring license fee for new hams under age 25 who join our club. Probably need to give a reduced fee for joining, maybe $5. Of course that would also involve some marketing effort.

Why discriminate based on age?

I’m in favor of sponsoring license fees for Valley (defined broadly) residents getting their first license, regardless of how old they are.  Getting more people to be active hams is probably the most useful thing SNOVARC can do to build communications capability in the valley.  People cannot become active hams until they get licensed.

On Mar 21, 2021, at 11:38 AM, Robin WA7CPA <wa7cpa@...> wrote:

I propose we add to the April agenda a discussion of sponsoring license fee for new hams under age 25 who join our club. Probably need to give a reduced fee for joining, maybe $5. Of course that would also involve some marketing effort.

Robin, WA7CPA