Topics

History of SnoVARC?

Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM

I'm curious.

When was SnoVarc founded?
By whom?

Is there a history that someone can elaborate on?

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

73,

Howard

Kathy K7KJB

My notes show it was started by Gene Laughlin of the Carnation-Duvall Citizen Corps.  My oldest notes date from September 2005, but that is just an estimate.

Kathy

Is there a history that someone can elaborate on?

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

73,

Howard

I may have pic of a meeting when there were a few of us in 2006 or so. I will  look.

On Sun, Dec 20, 2020 at 7:15 PM Kathy K7KJB <kb1@...> wrote:

My notes show it was started by Gene Laughlin of the Carnation-Duvall Citizen Corps.  My oldest notes date from September 2005, but that is just an estimate.

Kathy

Is there a history that someone can elaborate on?

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

73,

Howard

Lindy KG7IFA

The first member dues donations (to CDARC, as it was called back then) were from October 2005.

Is there a history that someone can elaborate on?

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

73,

Howard

I week search out some info on this.

Rowland

On Sun, Dec 20, 2020 at 5:16 PM Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM <wa1hem@...> wrote:
I'm curious.

When was SnoVarc founded?
By whom?

Is there a history that someone can elaborate on?

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

73,

Howard

Kathy Brasch

I believe it was originally started by Gene Laughlin of the Carnation-Duvall Citizen Corps, under the name of CDARC (Carnation Duvall Amateur Radio Club. I would have to check on the year.

Kathy Brasch

On Dec 20, 2020, at 5:16 PM, Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM <wa1hem@...> wrote:

I'm curious.

When was SnoVarc founded?
By whom?

Is there a history that someone can elaborate on?

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

73,

Howard

I am doing research on the history. Will put the info together and publish it here when done.

Rowland