Topics

INFO: Online social gathering Trial Run on Tuesday 3-31 @19:00

Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM

Hello SnoVarcians,

For the trial run conference call/video session on Tuesday, March 31 at 19:00 below is a quick "how-to" for accessing the FreeConferenceCall.com session.

1) Have a decent internet connection (both up and downstream)
2) Use a browser (Chrome, Firefox, etc) and enter URL https://join.freeconferencecall.com/snovarc
3) Enter your Name and Callsign in the Name field ("Howard - WA1HEM") and an email address, then click "Join"
        3a) For those that already have a FreeConferenceCall account, go to Join and enter "snovarc"
4) To use a Phone for Voice: Use the dial-in number displayed at the top of the screen and enter the sync code. You will speak and listen through your phone
        4a) To use your PC with a speaker/headset and microphone: Click  the phone icon and then select "Mic and Speakers"
5) Click the video icon to turn on and off your video camera

Here is a very short 1 minute video to demonstrate what you'll see   https://youtu.be/G7SM38kRj4o

There might be some tweaks you will need to make to access the right speaker/headset and microphone on your PC. If they aren't correctly selected when you first log in, click the gear icon. You can choose the correct mic/speaker and video inputs from there. And Finally, there are several variables that can affect the quality of your session, so be patient and we will try to help you get up and running as best we can.

Looking forward to having a fun online rag-chew!

Let me know if you have any questions.

73,

Howard - WA1HEM