Topics

Jim, W7ABD

Tom WA7TBP

Hello everyone:

It was good to hear all the positive remembrances about Jim last night at net. Ralph, thank you for doing the last call for him. It was very moving.

This afternoon, Jim's wife, Jo-Anne, called me. She appreciated the flowers sent to her from SNOVARC. (Lindy prepared and coordinated the order and delivery of the flowers.) Jo-Anne has family with her now, and they are helping her through this difficult time. Jim will be cremated and there will be a private family gathering after the cremation. At this point, the funeral home doing the cremation and service can only hold 15 people. Jo-Anne is originally from the Philippines. They have a tradition to honor a person 1 year after their passing. She hopes to have a larger memorial one year from now.

I described the Thursday night net and the remembrances expressed by those participating in the net. She was very moved by the final call. She went on to describe how important SNOVARC was to Jim, and how he loved the interactions with all the members of the club. She described how much he enjoyed doing projects for the club. She thanked everyone for the friendship shared with Jim.

If any other information comes along, I will be sure to pas it on.

73,

Tom

Rowland

Thanks Ralph and Tom.