June SnoVARC Meeting and Elmer Session

Rowland

YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS THIS ONE!

For the June Elmer session we are going to have two speakers from the American Red Cross to talk about Psychological First Aid.

I was reading an article on PTSD in the ARRL QST Magazine last month and it got me thinking about all of you and how well you are prepared to work in a tense situation. When I was working with the Red Cross this was required training for those of us that deployed to events local or national.  I thought it was an excellent class.

Here is a description of the class from one of the instructors...

PSYCHOLOGICAL FIRST AID

This is a one-hour to a one-and-one-half hour training focused on skills that have been found to be most helpful when interacting with people in distress. These skills are useful whether the distress is caused by a large crisis that affects many people, or an event that might occur in a household or on a work team. These skills are learnable and powerful but, as is true in acquiring any new skill, require practice.

The class will be limited to 30 participants so I need to hear from each one of you that plan on attending. If we have less than the 30 count I am going to invite some Issaquah ARC members to fill the class. We also have a few firefighters attending that night. It will be held at the Duvall Fire Department class room following our normal business meeting on June 2nd.  Business meeting will start at 6:15pm with this class beginning at 7:00pm. It will be on Zoom also but I believe if you can attend in person you might get more out of the class.

Send an email to me at rowland.brasch@... to confirm your participation soon so I can get an accurate count.  If you do confirm and then something changes please let me know that also so if there is a waiting list I can invite another person.

K7RWB

Bob (KI7RMO)

Rowland, count me in.

Thanks, Bob

KI7RMO

[...]

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)

I’m planning on attending, thanks.

On May 7, 2022, at 4:46 PM, Rowland <rowland.brasch@...> wrote:

[...]

Ryan - KJ7GIE

Yes, me. I'll be there. Got it on the cal.

Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM

I will be helping Kirt get prepped for this super cool meeting but I will miss the meeting as I’ll be out of town the first week of June

On May 12, 2022, at 7:11 PM, Ryan - KJ7GIE <rsm@...> wrote:

Yes, me. I'll be there. Got it on the cal.

That sounds like a psychological scheduling error.  You should be there for this presentation.......😉

On Thu, May 12, 2022 at 7:43 PM Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM <wa1hem@...> wrote:
I will be helping Kirt get prepped for this super cool meeting but I will miss the meeting as I’ll be out of town the first week of June

On May 12, 2022, at 7:11 PM, Ryan - KJ7GIE <rsm@...> wrote:

Yes, me. I'll be there. Got it on the cal.

Hope to see you there but If you are doing zoom....

Current Zoom Meeting Link

https://zoom.us/j/9319641698?pwd=czVPNHdjenY1MXRTVGtXaVp2VHcwQT09

Meeting ID: 931 964 1698

Password: 3UJNed

One tap mobile

+12532158782,,95119740887#,,,,0#,,546508# US (Tacoma)

On Sat, May 7, 2022 at 7:28 PM Bob (KI7RMO) <rmot47@...> wrote:

Rowland, count me in.

Thanks, Bob

KI7RMO

[...]

Thanks, Rowland,

Unfortunately, I won’t be able to catch the in-person meeting, but hope to join by Zoom.  I may be in and out of the meeting, but hope to catch most of it.  This is an important subject.  Will it be recorded?

Thanks, Bob KI7RMO