From: KE7GFZ@... [mailto:KE7GFZ@...] On Behalf Of Rowland - K7RWB
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2008 9:31 AM
To: KE7GFZ@...
Subject: KE7GFZ · Snoqualmie Valley Amateur Radio Club Field Day on June 28th at Safeway Parking Lot In Duvall

Field Day on June 28th at Safeway Parking Lot In Duvall

I need to get feedback from all of you regarding a Field Day display on June 28th (Saturday) in the Safeway parking lot from 10 am - 3 pm.

We can approach this three different ways.

1.     Setup a booth by the door with some radio displays and give out fliers.

2.     Have a vehicle in the parking lot with active radios.

3.     Have an RV in the parking lot with active radios. (I have a 23' 5th wheel we can use)

The purpose for this display is the promote HAM Radio and the Snoqualmie Valley Amateur Radio Club.

If we do the booth by the door we can see if Safeway will let us use an AC plug to activate the equipment.  We will need an HF radio and antenna setup.
If we use the RV we will need HF radio equipment and an extra batteryto power the equipment as I do not think my 12vdc accessory plug will handle the current.
If we use someones HF radio equipped vehicle it should be self contained.

We will need handouts about the club.

Please get back to me soon as June 28th will sneak up on us fast!

Rowland

Rowland - K7RWB <slick56@...>

I agree Chuck. I think having active radios operating is the way to
go. I just want to see if we want to go with an RV or a vehicle.

Rowland

--- In KE7GFZ@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck Powrie" <cpowrie@...> wrote:

Roland,

Barb has some handouts from ARRL which we though could be handed
out at
Duvall days. They would also work for Field day, be she did not get
a lot of
them.

I think having some active radios making contacts would be a good
idea.
Isn't what that field day is all about.

Chuckl

[...]

Lori KE7KXN

What the heck happened to having this event? I blocked it on my
calendar so I could see what the club was up to. Did I miss a notice
cancelling it? I was there...where were you?

Lori

--- In KE7GFZ@yahoogroups.com, "Lori KE7KXN" <layoungs@...> wrote:

What the heck happened to having this event? I blocked it on my
calendar so I could see what the club was up to. Did I miss a notice
cancelling it? I was there...where were you?
Lori,

I am sorry about the confusion. At the last club meeting it was
decided not to participate this year as many people were not going to
be available. I should have placed a notice on this site but I did not.

Once again I am sorry about the confusion. Please come to the next
club meeting on the 7th of August at the Duvall Firr Station and you
can find out all about the club.

Rowland
K7RWB
http://snovalleyarc.org/