Topics

Local Scanner Online. Give it a try

Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM

Just for fun, I have made my scanner available online. It is currently set up to scan King County fire, police, WA State Patrol, and EMS. You can listen for free - here is all you need to do:

  • Download the Free version of ProScan here -> https://www.proscan.org/ProScan_Client_16_2.zip
  • Extract the program and install it on your Windows PC
  • Start the program
  • Click on the "Remote Sanner Over IP" Tab
  • In the "Client-Server IP Address or Name"  input box on the left of the screen enter 66.235.14.193
  • Enter 5000 into the "Server Port" input box
  •  Click "Start" (in the "Mode" box right above where you entered the IP address.
  • The scanner should start (The scanner controls are disabled) - Adjust the volume on your PC
  • You can click on "View" in the menu and select "Scanner Only" for less clutter
  • Enjoy listening!
P.S. let me know if you have any difficulties...