Topics

NanoVNA Demo Thursday 6pm?

Ryan - KJ7GIE

Would the group be interested in a short NanoVNA demo on Thursday 6pm before the Rookie Roundtable? A couple people have requested this and, with the social distancing, it will be a while before I can bring it to an in-person event... so let's Zoom it!

Based on responses and availability of others we'll make a decision in the next 48 hours but I'm ready to do it if you'll join. Let us know!

I'll be focusing on using the NanoVNA as an SWR tester for antennas. The topics will include:
· Hardware overview
o Example hardware / where to get
· Set to show SWR (easy)
o Trace
o SWR
o Scale (.25 a line)
o Stimulus
· Calibrate
· Save Calibration
· Recall Calibration
· Sweep 2m and 70cm
· Zoom to 70cm
· Show two different antenna tunes
· Sweep HF ant
· Identify where HF ant is “tuned”

Ralph Lease

Let's zoom it!

Ralph
KC7QXD

On Tue, Nov 10, 2020, 8:01 AM Ryan - KJ7GIE <rsm@...> wrote:
[...]

Paul Zoba

I would be interested, Ryan. You'll have to figure out how to get the camera on that small device!

On Tue, Nov 10, 2020 at 8:01 AM Ryan - KJ7GIE <rsm@...> wrote:
[...]

Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM

Ryan,

Here is the Zoom invite for your meeting. Looking forward to it!

Snoqualmie Valley Radio Club is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: NanoVNA SWR Tester Demo
Time: Nov 12, 2020 06:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 931 964 1698
Passcode: 3UJNed
One tap mobile
+12532158782,,9319641698#,,,,,,0#,,070760# US (Tacoma)
+13462487799,,9319641698#,,,,,,0#,,070760# US (Houston)

Dial by your location
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
        +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington D.C)
Meeting ID: 931 964 1698
Passcode: 070760
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/aeMuNlgHG

On Nov 10, 2020, at 8:01 AM, Ryan - KJ7GIE <rsm@...> wrote:

[...]

***********************************
Howard Mahran
(425) 864-5104
***********************************

I would love to see all this. Count me in.

On Nov 10, 2020, at 8:01 AM, Ryan - KJ7GIE <rsm@reign.net> wrote:

[...]

Rowland

I am  interested

[...]

Dan Pflugrath

Ryan,
I am very interested in you zoom session. Could you also make available any slides or reference material you will be using for the presentation.
Thanks for what you are doing.

73,
Dan KA7GPP

[...]

Early Consensus: ObamaCare Will Survive Court Challenge
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/5faad8dccee4c58db7ae5st03duc1
Beach Apparel Entrepreneur Accused in Teen's Death
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/5faad8dcf2fc058db7ae5st03duc2
No. 1 Downloaded App Is a Snub to Twitter
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/5faad8dd236ef58db7ae5st03duc3

Dale Smith <dale_smith@...>

I am interested.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE device

[...]

Bob Otis

I would like to join as well. Looks like Howard set it up.

Thanks and 73,
Bob (KI7RMO)

[...]

Thank you for the presentation this evening. I found it very useful and a quick start for antenna analysis.

73,
Dan KA7GPP

[...]

On Day Agency Declares Election Most Secure Ever, Heads Are Rolling
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/5fae34564ce834543086st03duc1
Activists, Journalists Try to Figure What Trump's Up To
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/5fae34562bad834543086st03duc2
Chicago Sets Rules for Thanksgiving
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/5fae34565099134543086st03duc3

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)

Yes, thank you very much, Ryan.  I found it a really informative and useful presentation.

On Nov 12, 2020, at 11:23 PM, Dan Pflugrath <dpflugrath@...> wrote:

[...]

Ditto - good job. Thanks for the education!