Topics

New SNOVARC repeater is now online 441.850 + 103.5

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)

Our new Bridgecom 70cm repeater, intended for portable use, is now up and running in the Carnation space, replacing the donated Kenwood repeater that was only putting out 300mw after the duplexer.

Details: 441.850, positive shift, tone 103.5. Note that the old repeater ID’ed with the callsign N6TJQ and used an access tone of 203.5, so you may need to change the programming in your radios. The new repeater ID’s as KE7GFZ/R.

It’s putting a measured 26 watts (about 40w into the duplexer) into the club’s GP-15 on the roof of city hall. It would be good for everyone to give it a whirl and let us know if you can reach it/hear it. The courtesy tone on the built in controller is a 1000hz beep, so don’t expect the same courtesy tone as the Cougar and Myers repeaters.

Tested the new shack repeater from the house and it was full signal and full quieting.

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 1:07 PM Paul Butzi (W7PFB) via groups.io <w7pfb=butzi.net@groups.io> wrote:
Our new Bridgecom 70cm repeater, intended for portable use, is now up and running in the Carnation space, replacing the donated Kenwood repeater that was only putting out 300mw after the duplexer.

Details: 441.850, positive shift, tone 103.5.  Note that the old repeater ID’ed with the callsign N6TJQ and used an access tone of 203.5, so you may need to change the programming in your radios.  The new repeater ID’s as KE7GFZ/R.

It’s putting a measured 26 watts (about 40w into the duplexer) into the club’s GP-15 on the roof of city hall.  It would be good for everyone to give it a whirl and let us know if you can reach it/hear it.  The courtesy tone on the built in controller is a 1000hz beep, so don’t expect the same courtesy tone as the Cougar and Myers repeaters.

😭 I don’t think I can hit it

Excuse my typos - sent via my thumbs or by voice from a mobile device

On Feb 23, 2021, at 3:39 PM, Rowland <rowland.brasch@...> wrote:

[...]

Shawn / K7ATA

I heard you hitting it, but as my mic is spread across the desk at the moment i wasn't able to answer you.

--Shawn
--K7ATA

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 1:07 PM Paul Butzi (W7PFB) via groups.io <http://groups.io> <w7pfb=butzi.net@groups.io <mailto:butzi.net@groups.io>> wrote:

Our new Bridgecom 70cm repeater, intended for portable use, is
now up and running in the Carnation space, replacing the donated
Kenwood repeater that was only putting out 300mw after the duplexer.

Details: 441.850, positive shift, tone 103.5.  Note that the old
repeater ID’ed with the callsign N6TJQ and used an access tone of
203.5, so you may need to change the programming in your radios.
The new repeater ID’s as KE7GFZ/R.

It’s putting a measured 26 watts (about 40w into the duplexer)
into the club’s GP-15 on the roof of city hall. It would be good
for everyone to give it a whirl and let us know if you can reach
it/hear it.  The courtesy tone on the built in controller is a
1000hz beep, so don’t expect the same courtesy tone as the Cougar
and Myers repeaters.

Cool... thanks Shawn - I'll try again later...

On 2/23/21, 4:47 PM, "Shawn / K7ATA" <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io on behalf of shawn@busymarvin.net> wrote:

I heard you hitting it, but as my mic is spread across the desk at the
moment i wasn't able to answer you.

--Shawn
--K7ATA

On 2/23/2021 4:36 PM, Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM wrote:
> 😭 I don’t think I can hit it
>
> Excuse my typos - sent via my thumbs or by voice from a mobile device
>
>> On Feb 23, 2021, at 3:39 PM, Rowland <rowland.brasch@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> Tested the new shack repeater from the house and it was full signal
>> and full quieting.
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Rowland
>>

>> On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 1:07 PM Paul Butzi (W7PFB) via groups.io
>> <http://groups.io> <w7pfb=butzi.net@groups.io
>> <mailto:butzi.net@groups.io>> wrote:
>>
>> Our new Bridgecom 70cm repeater, intended for portable use, is
>> now up and running in the Carnation space, replacing the donated
>> Kenwood repeater that was only putting out 300mw after the duplexer.
>>
>> Details: 441.850, positive shift, tone 103.5. Note that the old
>> repeater ID’ed with the callsign N6TJQ and used an access tone of
>> 203.5, so you may need to change the programming in your radios.
>> The new repeater ID’s as KE7GFZ/R.
>>
>> It’s putting a measured 26 watts (about 40w into the duplexer)
>> into the club’s GP-15 on the roof of city hall. It would be good
>> for everyone to give it a whirl and let us know if you can reach
>> it/hear it. The courtesy tone on the built in controller is a
>> 1000hz beep, so don’t expect the same courtesy tone as the Cougar
>> and Myers repeaters.
>>
>> -p W7PFB
>> 73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!
>>

> --
> *************************
> Howard E. Mahran
> WA1HEM
> (425) 864 - 5104
> *************************

Paul Zoba

I reached it just now. It's a bit scratchy here but it's a copy. I was hitting it with 75 watts.

I am surprised it's scratchy as I thought it would be a clear path down the valley but there must be some high point in between ... around Novelty Hill, I'm guessing.

Paul, W7PEZ

[...]

A "Clear Path" down the valley really is a challenge.

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 6:00 PM Paul Zoba <pezoba@...> wrote:
[...]

GARY DENSOW

It's great here in Fall City.

Gary Densow