Topics

ON4UN (sk)

Robin Amundson

I got up early Saturday morning to watch the live memorial for ON4UN. Here is the link, up another day or 2, of the very moving international online memorial for low-band DXer and author ON4UN. It contains personal stories of those who knew him and a lot of interesting ham history. I was crying by the end. He was a very giving and well-rounded human/ham, as comes through by the words of his daughter and ham friends. He exemplified the very best of amateur radio, world friendship. If I had to rank the importance of ham radio I would say world friendship ranks higher than emergency communications for the significance of our hobby in the world today.

https://cmore.be/afscheid-john-devoldere/