Topics

Online Ham Technician Class

Irvina Mizell

Hey Folks,

At the online SnoVARC meeting last week we discussed the possibility of running a Technician level online class.  We have 20 students who jumped at the chance.

Next step is to find folks like you to be mentors.  Then on some scheduled basis, mentors will be available to answer questions, provide insight, and understanding.  Each student will be asked to sign up and use hamtestonline.com. 

I need mentors who will help with this.  Please let me know if you are interested, and how you could help.

Tests will be administered after the quarantine.

Thanks!

Irvina
W7IRM

GARY DENSOW

I used this for all my test study and preparation.  It is very good at working with weak spots with quizzes that drill on those areas. Good references to supplemental materials.  

Gary Densow

425-281-2287

garydensow@...

From: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io> on behalf of Irvina Mizell <irvina.mizell@...>
Sent: Sunday, April 5, 2020 9:26 PM
To: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io>
Subject: [SnoVARC] Online Ham Technician Class

Hey Folks,

At the online SnoVARC meeting last week we discussed the possibility of running a Technician level online class.  We have 20 students who jumped at the chance.

Next step is to find folks like you to be mentors.  Then on some scheduled basis, mentors will be available to answer questions, provide insight, and understanding.  Each student will be asked to sign up and use hamtestonline.com. 

I need mentors who will help with this.  Please let me know if you are interested, and how you could help.

Thanks!

Irvina
W7IRM

Jason Frazier

I can help.

-------- Original message --------
Date: 4/5/20 21:26 (GMT-08:00)
To: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io

Hey Folks,

Thanks!

Irvina
W7IRM

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)

I’d be happy to participate in this.

-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!

On Apr 5, 2020, at 9:26 PM, Irvina Mizell <irvina.mizell@...> wrote:

Hey Folks,

Next step is to find folks like you to be mentors.  Then on some scheduled basis, mentors will be available to answer questions, provide insight, and understanding.  Each student will be asked to sign up and use hamtestonline.com 

Thanks!

Irvina
W7IRM

Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM

Count me in

Excuse my typos - sent via my thumbs or by voice from a mobile device

On Apr 5, 2020, at 9:26 PM, Irvina Mizell <irvina.mizell@...> wrote:

Hey Folks,

Thanks!

Irvina
W7IRM

--
Howard E. Mahran
WA1HEM
(425) 864 - 5104

Rowland

I am available.

Thanks,

Rowland

On Sun, Apr 5, 2020 at 9:26 PM Irvina Mizell <irvina.mizell@...> wrote:
Hey Folks,

Next step is to find folks like you to be mentors.  Then on some scheduled basis, mentors will be available to answer questions, provide insight, and understanding.  Each student will be asked to sign up and use hamtestonline.com

Thanks!

Irvina
W7IRM

Irvina Mizell

Thank you to Howard, Jason, and Rowland for volunteering to be part of this new online class.

I've contacted the 20 students who seem eager to learn.  I need more Elmers for this to be successful.  Who wants to join us?

Irvina
W7IRM

From: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io> on behalf of Irvina Mizell <irvina.mizell@...>

Hey Folks,

Thanks!

Irvina
W7IRM

Dan Pflugrath

I can help as needed.

Dan KA7GPP

From: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io [mailto:snovarc@snovarc.groups.io] On Behalf Of Irvina Mizell
Sent: Friday, April 10, 2020 10:09 AM
Subject: Re: [SnoVARC] Online Ham Technician Class

Thank you to Howard, Jason, and Rowland for volunteering to be part of this new online class.

I've contacted the 20 students who seem eager to learn.  I need more Elmers for this to be successful.  Who wants to join us?

Irvina

W7IRM

Hey Folks,

Thanks!

Irvina

W7IRM

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)

Yep, I’m happy to participate.

-p W7PFB

On Apr 10, 2020, at 10:09 AM, Irvina Mizell <irvina.mizell@...> wrote:

Irvina
W7IRM

From: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io> on behalf of Irvina Mizell <irvina.mizell@...>
Sent: Sunday, April 5, 2020 9:26 PM
To: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io>
Subject: [SnoVARC] Online Ham Technician Class

Hey Folks,

Next step is to find folks like you to be mentors.  Then on some scheduled basis, mentors will be available to answer questions, provide insight, and understanding.  Each student will be asked to sign up and use hamtestonline.com 

Thanks!

Irvina
W7IRM

Douglas Schwed

Do we have a price yet?

From: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io> On Behalf Of Paul Butzi (W7PFB)
Sent: Friday, April 10, 2020 10:42 AM
Subject: Re: [SnoVARC] Online Ham Technician Class

Yep, I’m happy to participate.

-p W7PFB

On Apr 10, 2020, at 10:09 AM, Irvina Mizell <irvina.mizell@...> wrote:

Irvina

W7IRM

From: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io> on behalf of Irvina Mizell <irvina.mizell@...>
Sent: Sunday, April 5, 2020 9:26 PM
To: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io>
Subject: [SnoVARC] Online Ham Technician Class

Hey Folks,

Thanks!

Irvina

W7IRM

Jackson Beard

Depending on when this takes place, I can teach a section or help with whatever.

Jackson, WA7SEA

Virus-free. www.avast.com

On Fri, Apr 10, 2020 at 10:09 AM Irvina Mizell <irvina.mizell@...> wrote:

Irvina
W7IRM

Hey Folks,

Next step is to find folks like you to be mentors.  Then on some scheduled basis, mentors will be available to answer questions, provide insight, and understanding.  Each student will be asked to sign up and use hamtestonline.com

Thanks!

Irvina
W7IRM

--
Jackson Beard III
macleanofduart@...

Tom WA7TBP

Sorry for the delay. I have been out of town. Yes, I will do what I can to help out.

Tom, WA7TBP

In a message dated 4/5/2020 21:26:08 Pacific Standard Time, irvina.mizell@... writes:

Hey Folks,

Thanks!

Irvina
W7IRM