Topics

Paint a GP6

Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM

Tonight on the Rookie Roundtable Net, Kirt (K7KDW) mentioned that he painted his GP3 to give it a bit more camo. I was wondering, do you think I could plasti-dip my GP6 black to make it more stealth?
--
Howard E. Mahran
WA1HEM
(425) 864 - 5104

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)

If you do it, please sweep it with an analyzer before and after so we can see if it changed the tuning at all.

I do know that putting a ladder line j-pole into sched 40 pvc will change the tuning some.

-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!

On Jul 30, 2020, at 9:16 PM, Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM <wa1hem@...> wrote:

Tonight on the Rookie Roundtable Net, Kirt (K7KDW) mentioned that he painted his GP3 to give it a bit more camo. I was wondering, do you think I could plasti-dip my GP6 black to make it more stealth?
--
Howard E. Mahran
WA1HEM
(425) 864 - 5104

Dan Pflugrath

I painted mine black to make it more stealth on a black roof.  It did not affect the SWR and as far as I could tell it did not affect my receive or transmit signal.

Dan KA7GPP

From: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io [mailto:snovarc@snovarc.groups.io] On Behalf Of Paul Butzi (W7PFB)
Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2020 9:27 PM
To: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SnoVARC] Paint a GP6

If you do it, please sweep it with an analyzer before and after so we can see if it changed the tuning at all.

I do know that putting a ladder line j-pole into sched 40 pvc will change the tuning some.

-p W7PFB

--
Howard E. Mahran
WA1HEM
(425) 864 - 5104

Top News - Sponsored By Newser

Paul Zoba

Very interesting. Howard, I have an MFJ analyzer if you need...

On Jul 30, 2020, at 9:26 PM, Paul Butzi (W7PFB) <w7pfb@...> wrote:

-p W7PFB

--
Howard E. Mahran
WA1HEM
(425) 864 - 5104