QSO Today Virtual HAM Expo 2021

Rowland

Don't forget this event starts Saturday and continues om Sunday. Should be a lot of fun and informative.  I attended last year and it was great.

Robin WA7CPA

Anyone else having trouble with the platform? Seems you can't get in without enabling camera and mic. Many comments in the feed indicate a massive fail.

Robin WA7CPA

Received email apologizing the event was under DDoS attack at start of event.

Paul Zoba

I got in with mic and camera off. Wasn’t much to do yesterday. Looking forward to today’s sessions.

On Mar 12, 2021, at 8:56 PM, Robin WA7CPA <wa7cpa@...> wrote:

Anyone else having trouble with the platform? Seems you can't get in without enabling camera and mic. Many comments in the feed indicate a massive fail.

Robin WA7CPA

Took 10 minutes to get in. Lots of silly nonsense going on. Went to Elecraft. Platform doesn't give seat at vendor tables without camera and mic. Left. Couldn't get back in. Guess it was because of the denial of service attack.

Rowland

Yes but some of it is working now.

On Fri, Mar 12, 2021 at 8:56 PM Robin WA7CPA <wa7cpa@...> wrote:
Anyone else having trouble with the platform? Seems you can't get in without enabling camera and mic. Many comments in the feed indicate a massive fail.

Paul Zoba

Great presentation of the K4. Can’t  wait!!!

On Mar 13, 2021, at 9:36 AM, Rowland <rowland.brasch@...> wrote:

Yes but some of it is working now.

On Fri, Mar 12, 2021 at 8:56 PM Robin WA7CPA <wa7cpa@...> wrote:
Anyone else having trouble with the platform? Seems you can't get in without enabling camera and mic. Many comments in the feed indicate a massive fail.

Rowland

They are having challenges with the presentation software.  This is frustrating doing a local presentation.  Can't imagine doing an international one!

On Sat, Mar 13, 2021 at 10:06 AM Paul Zoba <pezoba@...> wrote:
Great presentation of the K4. Can’t  wait!!!

On Mar 13, 2021, at 9:36 AM, Rowland <rowland.brasch@...> wrote:

Yes but some of it is working now.

On Fri, Mar 12, 2021 at 8:56 PM Robin WA7CPA <wa7cpa@...> wrote:
Anyone else having trouble with the platform? Seems you can't get in without enabling camera and mic. Many comments in the feed indicate a massive fail.

Robin WA7CPA

Got into K4 presentation but can't get into next one. Basically I'm kicked out and even the replacement link isn't working.

Robin WA7CPA

Any idea where to find number to input to get in with their alternate route after the service denial attack?

Rowland

Not at this time

On Sat, Mar 13, 2021 at 10:14 AM Robin WA7CPA <wa7cpa@...> wrote:
Any idea where to find number to input to get in with their alternate route after the service denial attack?

Robin WA7CPA

I got "in" but the KPA1500 that originally was scheduled for 10 is not there. Many, many folks complaining of trouble in the comments. I'm done. It's a bust. Going to enjoy the day outside.

Rowland

I understand.  I hope they eval this hosting software because it is really bad compared to last year.  Possibly the attack didn't help but time will tell.  Glad the cost was minimal.

On Sat, Mar 13, 2021 at 10:29 AM Robin WA7CPA <wa7cpa@...> wrote:
I got "in" but the KPA1500 that originally was scheduled for 10 is not there. Many, many folks complaining of trouble in the comments. I'm done. It's a bust. Going to enjoy the day outside.

Bob (KI7RMO)

I agree with Robyn.  So far, I am 0 for 4 – the first two were not what I was expecting and the last two couldn’t get their videos to play.  And last year’s was so good.  Hopefully, the presentations/videos will be available sometime in the next 30 days.  At least the comments in the chat column are quite entertaining 😊.

Oh well, an early lunchtime.

Bob, KI7RMO

I understand.  I hope they eval this hosting software because it is really bad compared to last year.  Possibly the attack didn't help but time will tell.  Glad the cost was minimal.

On Sat, Mar 13, 2021 at 10:29 AM Robin WA7CPA <wa7cpa@...> wrote:

I got "in" but the KPA1500 that originally was scheduled for 10 is not there. Many, many folks complaining of trouble in the comments. I'm done. It's a bust. Going to enjoy the day outside.

Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM

I gave up - frustrating. Im headed out to enjoy the sun. As Bob said below – hopefully we will be able to see videos of the presentations soon.

From: <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io> on behalf of Bob Otis <rmot47@...>
Date: Saturday, March 13, 2021 at 11:17 AM
To: <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io>

[...]

FYI, everything seems to be working well today. I got to sit down at a table with Eric from Elecraft and talk for awhile.

[...]

Yes I have taken several classes so far.  Much better than yesterday.  Wonder if it had to do with the large number of participants.  I would assume there are a lot less today.

On Sun, Mar 14, 2021 at 10:27 AM Paul Zoba <pezoba@...> wrote:
[...]

I still can't get in. At all. Finally found an order number from way back in January. Tried to generate new E ticket using latest link. The page does nothing. Absolutely nothing.
Robin

Rowland

I reissued ticket and everything seems to be working ok