Topics

Revision to 2020 Net Control Schedule

Rick Burns

Supersedes previous version (V1) released 2019-DEC-05.

This is V1.1. Minor update fixing error in the sequence.

Rick

Kb7cin@...

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)

Ok somehow I don’t feel like changing every single assignment qualifies as “fixing minor error”.

Before I go thru deleting all the dates I *was* down for net control, and adding all the dates I am NOW down for net control, and rearranging plans to have someone cover the dates I can’t actually cover, can we sort of decide on a schedule where we are not going to arbitrarily change *every single assignment*?

People (or, at least *me*) are trying to arrange to be in town to cover their dates, or have someone else cover for them, *in advance*.  I travel a fair bit, it would be a big help if the dates I was assigned did not get changed willy-nilly after I have already made arrangements.  Move a date in November next year, I don’t much care.  Move a date in January-May, well, if that’s going to happen all the time then perhaps sadly I need to not be on the list.

-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!

On Dec 26, 2019, at 5:44 PM, Rick Burns <kb7cin@...> wrote:

Rick
<SnoVARC Net Control Assignments 2020 released 2019-DEC-26 V1-1.pdf>

Rowland

I think the best way to do this list is once you have people that say that will do NC, assign them their dates in a standard rotation.  If when the time comes they are not available then someone else would/should step up and do the net for that date.   That is the simplest way to handle this situation.

Just my opinion.

Thank You,

Rowland

Rowland Brasch

K7RWB

SnoValley Amateur Radio Club (SnoVARC)

www.snovarc.org

SnoVARC Facebook

From: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io> On Behalf Of Paul Butzi (W7PFB)
Sent: Thursday, December 26, 2019 6:02 PM
To: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SnoVARC] Revision to 2020 Net Control Schedule

Ok somehow I don’t feel like changing every single assignment qualifies as “fixing minor error”.

Before I go thru deleting all the dates I *was* down for net control, and adding all the dates I am NOW down for net control, and rearranging plans to have someone cover the dates I can’t actually cover, can we sort of decide on a schedule where we are not going to arbitrarily change *every single assignment*?

People (or, at least *me*) are trying to arrange to be in town to cover their dates, or have someone else cover for them, *in advance*.  I travel a fair bit, it would be a big help if the dates I was assigned did not get changed willy-nilly after I have already made arrangements.  Move a date in November next year, I don’t much care.  Move a date in January-May, well, if that’s going to happen all the time then perhaps sadly I need to not be on the list.

-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!

On Dec 26, 2019, at 5:44 PM, Rick Burns <kb7cin@...> wrote:

Rick

<SnoVARC Net Control Assignments 2020 released 2019-DEC-26 V1-1.pdf>