small inverters

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)

I’m looking to buy a small 12vdc to 120VAC inverter to power a small rolling cart (on which I might put a laptop, say, or instruments like an oscilloscope. The laptop/o’scope/whatever would then be powered by the inverter and draw power from a battery, so that I could work and not be concerned about finding an outlet for at least a few hours.

None of these things to be powered draw a lot of power. I am thinking 300W total would be plenty and 500W is definitely plenty.

But I would like the inverter to not be one that throws off RF noise, and I have no idea whether a modified sine wave inverter or a true sine wave inverter would be quieter RF wise. No idea which brands/models are quiet acoustically. No idea what brands are decent quality wise.

Can anyone give me some guidance on this stuff?

The question is: