Topics

SnoVARC gathering for W7ABD (sk), our friend Jim

Robin Amundson

Dear Hams and Others,
Our club president, Tom, WA7TBP, and I, have queried City of Duvall and City of Carnation. As a result, when we get a non-rainy weekend day forecast, we will be announcing a physically distanced outdoor gathering at Big Rock Ball Fields in honor of our silent key club member, Jim Myers, W7ABD. City of Duvall requires no permit. All food and drink will be brought in by each attendee for own consumption.  Please email me with any ideas or concerns you may have for the gathering.

wa7cpa@...

Robin Amundson

Looking at weather forecast, Sunday November 1 looks warmer (50's) and low chance of rain. Our president, Tom, WA7TBP, will not have returned by then, but he said more important to hold the gathering than wait. So, I will (tentatively) set the gathering for 1 p.m. Sunday November 1 at Big Rock Ball Fields in Duvall, our usual gathering spot. The gathering will be what each attendee brings to it of their hearts and memories, etc. It will be for fellowship and in the spirit of our sk Jim, WA7ABD. If we get rained out or frozen out, the good news is we will postpone until Tom can join us.

That said, I am happy to be inundated with requests, suggestions. It will be thrilling to see in person everyone who shows up. I hope you will all mark off the date on your calendars.

73

Robin, WA7CPA

Robin Amundson

Edited

Please respond here or email me if you plan to be at Big Rock Ball Fields in Duvall at 1 p.m. Sunday with masks and your own food/drink to be together at a safe distance outdoors for a little while in honor of Jim, W7ABD. If there are only a few takers this gathering will be postponed. Time for a headcount. Thank you.

wa7cpa@...

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)

I am planning on attending.

On Oct 30, 2020, at 12:45 PM, Robin Amundson <wa7cpa@...> wrote:

Please respond here or email me if you plan to be at Big Rock Ball Fields in Duvall at 1 p.m. Sunday with masks and your own food/drink to be together at a safe distance outdoors for a little while in honor of Jim, WA7ABD. If there are only a few takers this gathering will be postponed. Time for a headcount. Thank you.

wa7cpa@...

Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM

I will be there

On Oct 30, 2020, at 12:46 PM, Paul Butzi (W7PFB) <w7pfb@...> wrote:

I am planning on attending.

On Oct 30, 2020, at 12:45 PM, Robin Amundson <wa7cpa@...> wrote:

Please respond here or email me if you plan to be at Big Rock Ball Fields in Duvall at 1 p.m. Sunday with masks and your own food/drink to be together at a safe distance outdoors for a little while in honor of Jim, WA7ABD. If there are only a few takers this gathering will be postponed. Time for a headcount. Thank you.

wa7cpa@...

Ralph Lease

I will be there.
Ralph
Kc7qxd

On Fri, Oct 30, 2020, 12:46 PM Robin Amundson <wa7cpa@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Please respond here or email me if you plan to be at Big Rock Ball Fields in Duvall at 1 p.m. Sunday with masks and your own food/drink to be together at a safe distance outdoors for a little while in honor of Jim, W7ABD. If there are only a few takers this gathering will be postponed. Time for a headcount. Thank you.

wa7cpa@...

Lindy KG7IFA

Chuck and I had planned to attend, but my older sister is moving into our house on Sunday to stay for the month.  So we won't be able to come.  But out thoughts will be there. We both really liked Jim and are so sorry he is gone.

Lindy

Please respond here or email me if you plan to be at Big Rock Ball Fields in Duvall at 1 p.m. Sunday with masks and your own food/drink to be together at a safe distance outdoors for a little while in honor of Jim, WA7ABD. If there are only a few takers this gathering will be postponed. Time for a headcount. Thank you.

wa7cpa@...

Ryan - KJ7GIE

Will be there to say hello. Cannot stay long.

Rowland

I am in the mountains camping at 6000 feet and will not be able to make it. My thoughts are with all of you remembering Jim.

Rowland

On Fri, Oct 30, 2020 at 12:45 PM Robin Amundson <wa7cpa@...> wrote:
Please respond here or email me if you plan to be at Big Rock Ball Fields in Duvall at 1 p.m. Sunday with masks and your own food/drink to be together at a safe distance outdoors for a little while in honor of Jim, WA7ABD. If there are only a few takers this gathering will be postponed. Time for a headcount. Thank you.

wa7cpa@...

Shawn / K7ATA

Count me in

--Shawn
--K7ATA

On 10/30/2020 12:45 PM, Robin Amundson wrote:
Please respond here or email me if you plan to be at Big Rock Ball Fields in Duvall at 1 p.m. Sunday with masks and your own food/drink to be together at a safe distance outdoors for a little while in honor of Jim, WA7ABD. If there are only a few takers this gathering will be postponed. Time for a headcount. Thank you.

wa7cpa@...

Irvina Mizell

I'll be there.

Irvina

Please respond here or email me if you plan to be at Big Rock Ball Fields in Duvall at 1 p.m. Sunday with masks and your own food/drink to be together at a safe distance outdoors for a little while in honor of Jim, WA7ABD. If there are only a few takers this gathering will be postponed. Time for a headcount. Thank you.

wa7cpa@...

Kirt White / K7KDW

I'm going to try to make it.

Please respond here or email me if you plan to be at Big Rock Ball Fields in Duvall at 1 p.m. Sunday with masks and your own food/drink to be together at a safe distance outdoors for a little while in honor of Jim, WA7ABD. If there are only a few takers this gathering will be postponed. Time for a headcount. Thank you.

wa7cpa@...

Ken Kosters

I will try to make it also.

Ken W7ECK

I'm going to try to make it.

Please respond here or email me if you plan to be at Big Rock Ball Fields in Duvall at 1 p.m. Sunday with masks and your own food/drink to be together at a safe distance outdoors for a little while in honor of Jim, WA7ABD. If there are only a few takers this gathering will be postponed. Time for a headcount. Thank you.

wa7cpa@...

Lou Giliberto (KD7HCW)

Sorry for the late reply, but I will be there.

Sent from ProtonMail mobile

Please respond here or email me if you plan to be at Big Rock Ball Fields in Duvall at 1 p.m. Sunday with masks and your own food/drink to be together at a safe distance outdoors for a little while in honor of Jim, WA7ABD. If there are only a few takers this gathering will be postponed. Time for a headcount. Thank you.

wa7cpa@...

Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM

Thank you Robin for organizing the gathering. It was nice to see everyone and to remember and honor Jim

Giliberto (KD7HCW) via groups.io <louis.giliberto@...> wrote:

Sorry for the late reply, but I will be there.

Sent from ProtonMail mobile

Please respond here or email me if you plan to be at Big Rock Ball Fields in Duvall at 1 p.m. Sunday with masks and your own food/drink to be together at a safe distance outdoors for a little while in honor of Jim, WA7ABD. If there are only a few takers this gathering will be postponed. Time for a headcount. Thank you.

wa7cpa@...

Robin Amundson

We had 10 in attendance at Big Rock to remember Jim. All had an opportunity to share about their experiences, impressions, and feelings about Jim. Firm consensus on his fine and honorable qualities, universally noted and appreciated. RIP Jim WA7ABD(sk).