Topics

tarheel setup and call for a Tarheel Antenna play date at the Duvall ballfield

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)

I got some questions about exactly what whip arrangements I’m using.  I said I’d send out and email with the details.

I’m using a Little Tarheel II:

I have it mounted on a monster magmount:

On top of the tarheel I’ve got a 3/8-24 whip quick disconnect, and I have the matching part of the quick disconnect on the bottom of each whip I use.

I have three different whips that I use.

One is the stock Tarheel whip with a quick disconnect on the bottom.

The second consists of another quick disconnect, two buddipole accessory arms (total length 44”), and a Buddipole long telescoping whip (9 feet 6 inches extended) which makes it a bit over 13 feet long.  This will tune on 17m thru 160m.

And I also have a NVIS antenna setup, which is a quick disconnect with a long length of wire on a wire winder.

Getting it all assembled and on top of my car (which serves as a ground plane) is a bit of a challenge.  I first get the mag mount and tarheel base on top of the car and route all the cables, then I put whichever whip assembly I want on top of that using the quick disconnect.

Anyway it seemed like it would be a good idea of have a get together for everyone interested in things Tarheel, where we can see how each of us works, see what tricks we’ve got to share, etc.  The Duvall Ballfield seems like it would be a good spot, although pretty much any park with easy parking would work fine.

Robin suggested something on a weekend, because it’s already getting dark too early to do it on a weeknight after work.

I propose either Saturday Sept 5 or Sunday Sept 6, lunch time.  What do people think?

A weekend socially distanced tarheel Demo by Paul on sept 5 or 6 works for me - I’ll bring my 17’ collapsible to share

On Aug 27, 2020, at 9:20 PM, Paul Butzi (W7PFB) <w7pfb@...> wrote:

[...]

Robin Amundson

Paul,
I am not available September 5, but I am available Sunday, September 6, time flexible. I will be a looky-loo because the majority of my equipment is currently staged at my secondary QTH.

On Thu, Aug 27, 2020 at 9:20 PM Paul Butzi (W7PFB) <w7pfb@...> wrote:
[...]

Ralph Lease

As per Robin, I am time flexible on September 6.

Ralph
KC7QXD

On Thu, Aug 27, 2020, 10:48 PM Robin Amundson <wa7cpa@...> wrote:
[...]

Correction. I am available either September 5 or 6, time flexible.

Ralph Lease

I have double checked with the social director and either day is good for me.

Ralph
KC7QXD

On Fri, Aug 28, 2020, 7:39 AM Robin Amundson <wa7cpa@...> wrote:
Paul,
Correction. I am available either September 5 or 6, time flexible.

Will be out of town due to labor day weekend