Technician Class for potential HAMS

Mel N7GCO <leadcoach@...>

I thought members of the club may know someone who would like to get a
license.
Interested in Amateur Radio? Want to become a ham? The Technician
class license is the first of the FCC Amateur Radio licenses.

MicroHams will be sponsoring our last no-code Technician class course
in 2008 on October 17-19. Classes run 7:00pm-10:00pm Friday,
9:00am-5:00pm Saturday and 11:00am-noon Sunday. The class is available
to anyone but we ask you register in advance because we have limited
seating and materials. Testing will start at 2:00pm Sunday and is also
open to the public by reservation. The class will cover the entire
Element 2 (Technician) question pool.

The course will run $40 and includes a textbook, handouts and the
testing fee. The W5YI Technician Class book by Gordon West will be
provided including a number of other handouts, even discount coupons
for new radios. If you already have a book, the class fee is $20.
Testing is also open to anyone for any license class but those not
enrolled in the class will need to pay the standard $14 testing fee.

The October class will be held at the Mercer Island Community Center
at 8236 SE 24th Street, Mercer Island, WA 98040.

To register, simply email your contact information (name, phone
number(s), preferred email address) to classes@microhams.com. Letting
us know how you heard about the class would be helpful. For more
information email Classes@Microhams.com.