Third Thursday mini exercise

Tom WA7TBP

Hello everyone:

Tomorrows third Thursday mini exercise will be a 10 meter tune up. We will test out 10 meter SSB and 10 meter FM. This is what we will do. After the the check in net is concluded, I will be net control. I will try to monitor the Cougar Mountain repeater as we work on 10 meters, or I will appoint someone to monitor the Cougar repeater in case the stations on the 10 meter net are absolutely not able to contact anyone on 10 meters. Technician operators, remember you have some privileges on 10 meters and our SSB contacts will be on a frequency that you can use. At this point in time, you are not able to use the FM frequency we are going to try. Remember, you can monitor the FM frequency we will use.

Our SSB exercise will operate on 28.420 MHz. I will conduct a roll call and get stations checked in. Once we have the stations checked in, we will do a signal test. Example, this is WA7TBP testing, 1,2,3,4,5,4,3,2,1. I have the ability to use a horizontal or vertical antenna. I will start out with the horizontal antenna. After I do the signal check on the horizontal antenna, I will do it again on the vertical antenna so each station can hear any difference between my horizontal and vertical antennas. Then I will have the next station on the list do a signal test. Please use the primary antenna that you normally use while on HF. Please make a work aid for yourself where you can record which station was checking in and would their signal be usable to pass radio traffic. If time allows, I will allow stations to call one another.

The FM exercise will operate on 29.500 MHz. I will conduct the roll call and signal test the same way as we did in the SSB portion of the exercise. Again, each station please record the station checking in and would their signal be usable to pass radio traffic. If time allows, I will allow stations to call one another.

Looking forward to the net tomorrow.

73,

Tom, WA7TBP