Third Thursday mini exercise

Tom WA7TBP

Hello everyone:

Thursday, April 21st, is our next third Thursday mini exercise. In this exercise, we are going to try VHF simplex contacts. In addition, after we try the simplex contacts, we are going to try the two SNOVARC VHF crossband connections.

After the check in net on our Cougar repeater, 441.825, +5 MHz, tone 103.5 Hz, at approximately 2010 hours, we will try listening for one another on simplex, 145.590 MHz no tone. If time permits, net control may allow participants to try contacting one another directly.

One we have completed the simplex check in, we are going to try our two VHF cross band set ups. First we will try simplex 145.750 MHz, tone 103.5 Hz. This cross band connects to our Carnation repeater, 441.850 MHz, + 5 MHz, tone 103.5 Hz. Those of you that can hit our Carnation repeater directly, will probably be able to use this VHF cross band channel to access our Carnation repeater. Most of you will be able to monitor your success using this cross band channel.

Time permitting, we will try our simplex 145.590 MHz, with a tone of 162.2 Hz. This frequency accesses our Myers repeater. At this time our Myers repeater is not on the air. However, the cross band link is still running, and I would like to check the coverage of this crossband set up.When you try this frequency, it will access our Myers repeater frequency. You will hear your signal come out on 448.250 MHz.

I am working on a chart that can you use to record the data. I will send it our separately.

Looking forward to your participation on Thursday.

73,

Tom, WA7TBP

Bob (KI7RMO)

Tom,

I have a meeting that night, which, hopefully, will be over by the time of the exercise.  I’ll check if I can.

73, Bob KI7RMO