Topics

What might this be?

Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM

What might this periodic uniform pulsing of noise across the entire 40m band be? I've had noise from a PC and a monitor but those patterns were very different. Any ideas?

Robin Amundson

Over-the-horizon radar usually shoots rapidly across the 40m band but maybe? Or RF in the shack needing some torroid windings somewhere??

Robin, WA7CPA

On Wed, Aug 26, 2020, 9:57 AM Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM <wa1hem@...> wrote:
What might this periodic uniform pulsing of noise across the entire 40m band be? I've had noise from a PC and a monitor but those patterns were very different. Any ideas?

Dale Smith

Cool! We're the pulse spaced closely?

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE device

Over-the-horizon radar usually shoots rapidly across the 40m band but maybe? Or RF in the shack needing some torroid windings somewhere??

Robin, WA7CPA

On Wed, Aug 26, 2020, 9:57 AM Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM <wa1hem@...> wrote:
What might this periodic uniform pulsing of noise across the entire 40m band be? I've had noise from a PC and a monitor but those patterns were very different. Any ideas?

The “noise” is across the band, pulsating the noise floor up and down… see the video….

P.S. I have toroids on the power line, antenna, etc.. This weekend Im going to shut off all power to the house and see if there is RF coming from somewhere inside…

On Aug 27, 2020, at 3:06 PM, Dale Smith <dale_smith@...> wrote:

Cool! We're the pulse spaced closely?

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE device

Over-the-horizon radar usually shoots rapidly across the 40m band but maybe? Or RF in the shack needing some torroid windings somewhere??

Robin, WA7CPA

On Wed, Aug 26, 2020, 9:57 AM Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM <wa1hem@...> wrote:
What might this periodic uniform pulsing of noise across the entire 40m band be? I've had noise from a PC and a monitor but those patterns were very different. Any ideas?

Howard Mahran
(425) 864-5104

Have you installed any led lighting? These can cause rf noise.