ylsystem.org net

Robin WA7CPA

As a novelty, I have been doing some SSB DX hunting recently. This morning I ran across the YL Systems net, which maybe many of you know about, but new to me. I checked in. It is the first-ever worldwide emergency net, started by a YL, K4ICA, in the 1960's. I asked why if it is a YL net, I heard only men running it. They said there are a few YLs but men had mostly taken it over...

There’s a very nice and interesting explanation of the history and practice of the net on the K4ICA page on QRZ.com

On Jul 18, 2021, at 8:10 AM, Robin WA7CPA <wa7cpa@...> wrote:

As a novelty, I have been doing some SSB DX hunting recently. This morning I ran across the YL Systems net, which maybe many of you know about, but new to me. I checked in. It is the first-ever worldwide emergency net, started by a YL, K4ICA, in the 1960's. I asked why if it is a YL net, I heard only men running it. They said there are a few YLs but men had mostly taken it over...

Robin, WA7CPA