Your Help Is Needed

Rowland - K7RWB <slick56@...>

Your Help Is Needed

Please read the message below and help if you can.

From: Cherise Bromberg [mailto:reeseedee@...]
Sent: Friday, December 19, 2008 7:52 PM
To: 'Cherise Bromberg'
Subject: CERTS & SVARC MEMBERS ON CALL THIS WEEKEND!! RESPONSE REQUIRED ASAP!!

WINTER STORMS CERT ALERT

THIS EMAIL REQUIRES A RESPONSE IF YOU ARE AVAILABLE – PLEASE DO NOT JUST SHOW UP…

Hi Everybody

As you've heard by now – on top of the already accumulated snow and ice, forecasters are predicting severe windstorms possibly starting Saturday afternoon/evening followed by another snowstorm dumping 4-12 inches in surrounding areas.

I'm sending this emergency alert communication to our Duvall-Carnation CERTs in response to a request from Chief of Police, Glenn Merryman, on behalf of the City of Duvall.  If you are a CERT and/or SVARC member, please read on…

Chief Merryman has informed me there will be TWO possible roles for our CERTs to fill this weekend beginning Saturday afternoon through Sunday afternoon (depending on the storms of course):

  1. 4-6 registered CERTs to help run a "warming center" at the Duvall Youth Center next to the Duvall Fire Station.  This will NOT be a shelter activation, but, instead, a facility designated for community members, volunteers and workers to take a break, have a hot chocolate, warm up, watch a little news or "hang out" if on call for the City.  CERTs should be comfortable accommodating this type of scenario and plan on helping keep the facility stocked, keep a list of folks coming and going and communicate to City personnel as needed regarding the center's activities, status or needs.

  1. 2-4 registered SVARC members who have 800 MHz radio communication skills OR who have good radio communication skills and can attend a training session Saturday morning (time TBD) with the Chief regarding the 800 MHz radio.  These CERTs will be called upon to assist the EOC personnel and help record and track the flow of information in the EOC environment.

Finally, this is an ON-CALL activation.  While it would be ideal to coordinate our CERT volunteers in shifts, it will be important once the need is determined and volunteers are called that they report to duty immediately (or ASAP).  So, if you are interested and meet the requirements to volunteer for one of the above two needs, please email or call me RIGHT AWAY with the following info:

Full name

Address

Contact phone numbers

Hours of availability - IMPORTANT

I will compile this list and help the Chief with coordinating the volunteer schedules.  Please call or email me if you have any questions.

Thanks very much and I look forward to hearing from any of you who can be "on call" this weekend!

Cherise Bromberg

Secretary, Carnation-Duvall Citizen Corps Council and

Confidential Assistant/Records Manager

Duvall-Carnation Police Department

reeseedee@... or 425-941-1511

cherise.bromberg@... or 425-788-1519, ext. 864